- Sustainable development, protection, conservation of environment and natural resources
- Strengthen the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of mine-out and degraded areas covering the terrestrial protected areas, ancestral domain areas mine waste and water bodies, community-based forest management areas, grazing lands, mangrove areas and small-scale mining degraded areas;
- Generate and disseminate research-based information or database on the profiling of these degraded areas;
- Intensify the exchange of scientific information through the most effective strategies in information and communication technology (ICT);
- Poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor
- Sustainable application of technologies and establish a system to facilitate adoption of these technologies including the packaging of technology manuals, product or prototypes and utility models.
- Formulate policy recommendations on effective methods in rehabilitating mined-out and degraded areas to improve environmental quality;
- Contribute to the upliftment of the quality of life of stakeholders, partners and target beneficiaries through the transfer and adoption of generated ENR technologies.